LanguageCert: A simple step towards your UK visa
If you are an overseas-trained healthcare support professional and you want to live in the UK, your Health and Care Skilled Worker visa might be within easy reach.
LanguageCert International ESOL SELT B1 (Listening, Reading, Writing & Speaking) is accepted by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) as proof of English proficiency for those needing a Health & Care Skilled Worker visa to work in the UK.
LanguageCert exams assess one level of English at a time, which means you will only be tested at level B1, so you can focus on what you know.
Why LanguageCert SELT exams?
- Level-specific exam: get tested at only one proficiency level at a time (B1)
- Many exam locations and slots available worldwide
- Easy exam booking up to 24hrs in advance
- Fast results in 5 working days
- Written and Spoken components can be taken on the same day or within 14 days of each other for extra preparation time
- Speaking exam is carried out by a real person online
- Customer service 24/7/365
- Free preparation materials
- Affordable Take2 option in case of an unsuccessful result
Growing opportunities for overseas-trained healthcare professionals
The National Health Services (NHS), the largest employer in the UK, is facing a significant shortage across a range of healthcare professions.
The UK government is implementing changes to help healthcare professionals immigrate to the UK, such as the introduction of the Health and Care visa in 2020.
Overseas-trained healthcare professionals are crucial for the NHS, and every year, the UK welcomes workers from across the world; 10% of the NHS clinical support staff in 2020 were non-British. These roles provide support to doctors and nurses and include support staff for ambulances, scientific and therapeutic services, and healthcare assistants.
If your job is listed on the Shortage Occupation List, set by the UK Government and if you meet all other requirements under the UK’s point-based immigration system as well, you have a chance to obtain a Health and Care Skilled Worker Visa.